Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Start




It’s an experiment. This blog. The pretense is to offer a glimpse into the “male mormon mind”, but in reality it could just turn into random ramblings from a male Mormon mind. More likely this blog will turn into nothing as I lose interest after a post or two. 

I truly want this to be a service to all my clueless sisters out there. Trust me; many of you don’t know who you are. Very few of you fine ladies understand what is going on up here, and frankly we are partially to fault. We Mormon guys have some mental complex where we try to be perfect, which is understandable since scripturally we are supposed to be striving for perfection. The problem is that perfection is annoyingly hard to achieve. What is much more doable is the appearance of perfection. Especially around the females, we try to project this image and mask the other things that make us tick.

I don’t like to brag, but I’m pretty much an expert on male Mormons. Besides being one myself, I have come to a solid understanding of them from having lived with them incessantly and having used my excellent observation skills (I’m basically Sherlock fricking Holmes up in here).

Honestly, there is quite a bit of variation when it comes to male mormon minds. Luckily, I have had the privilege to experience many types as roommates. All kinds of races, hometowns, hipsters, creepers, rich, poor, players, virgin-lippers, future GA’s and apostates. 

Using my experiences and observations, I hope to shed light on the Male Mormon Mind. I promise it exists.

-MM

2 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

hmmmmmmm.... who are you?

Emily Sarah Brooks said...

Okay but like really who are you?