Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Confession #9: Seeing A Girl Without Make Up

I have a checklist of things that must happen before I will start officially dating a girl. Number 3 on the list- I have to see the girl without make-up on.

This is just being a responsible consumer. You don't want to make a big investment in time, money, and emotion without really knowing what your getting (there is no Lemon Law with dating). Its interesting too. Some girls will die before they let you see them with out their face on. Kinda makes it difficult for checklist purposes, but if the girl is so scared of showing what she really looks like, I don't want to date her anyway. On the other side of the spectrum, some girls seemly never wear make-up. If they can pull it off, then that's bonus points in my book. Sadly not every girl can pull it off.

I even know of some girls that will purposely show their non-made up face to guys early on. I guess in hopes of scaring off shallow guys. I would love it every girl adopted this strategy, it would save me time. The only way I'm going to be scared off is if they have a scary looking face underneath everything.

I know make-up can change how a girls look (making some gorgeuos and some into circus clowns rejects), but I will totally stop seeing a girl if I don't think she looks atleast cute without make-up. And no, I don't think that is too much to ask for (although again, for some girls it is too much to ask for).

Honestly I wish make-up didn't exist. Guys don't wear make up (atleast real ones don't) and we do just fine. Of course there is no expectation for us men to wear make-up. Unfortunately for girls, some female started using some make-up precursor long ago and to compete other girls followed suit. Now its escalated to the point where its ubiquitous among American women. My brain at this point has been trained to expect it and I accept that.

At the same time though, I'm not going to take girls dolled up faces at face-value.

I'm Afraid of Clowns



No comments: