Sunday, August 25, 2013

Conversation Skills



The game is up. It took 3 weeks and 3 dates, but yesterday Opera finally told me about her mission plans (I acted surprised haha). To a degree, I expected everything to fall apart after that. Instead it’s like nothing changed. We still talk for hours on end every night.

The problem is, despite my self-preservation instincts telling me to make a run for it, I just like talking to her too much. 

This has caused me to make a list of attributes that I find make a girl most attractive conversation-wise:


  • Has an interesting skill/hobby/passion. (Especially early on, it gives the girl something interesting to teach me, and it gives me something distinctive to joke about/make fun of)
  • Mental nimbleness (It’s super annoying when the girl gets lost in the conversation because she can’t make the connection between so something as simple as whales and hounds (they can both be grey, duh))
  • Well-read (Few things are more impressive to me than when a girl gets my obscure literary references. 10 bonus points to whoever can tell me where the quote “Where are the Snowdens of yesteryear?” comes from. (and no it has nothing to do with Edward))
  • A sense of humor (a.k.a. thinks I’m funny, and honestly who doesn’t?)
  • Can actually discuss stuff (This is actually so rare: some people insist on turning everything into an awkward emotional illogical debate, while others refuse to actually think or talk about anything in depth.)
  • Speaks both Italian (although I’ll take Latin as a substitute, its close enough) and Chinese (but only Mandarin, get that weak sauce Cantonese out of here)

No comments: