Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Best and Worst Date of My Life

I got a big problem. I went on the date with Opera and it was probably the best date of my life (which is high praise statistically speaking). We got dinner, went to a concert, and just talked in the car for a long time. Very simple, but awesome. People always talk about abstract fuzzy things like having "chemistry" and "clicking" with some one, but it seems so rare you start to think people are just making crap up. Anyways, we definitely had some chemical bonding going on.

So what is my problem? Well the night was going so well I ended up asking her to marry me, and she said no......Just kidding, I said I had a problem, not that I was retarded. My real problem is I am afraid of committing and I can't see Opera anymore because I'm too scared of losing my independence.....Okay that's not the problem either (atleast the current problem), the real problem is what I learned today.

Basically, through the grapevine of friends and roommates, I was informed that Opera had put in her mission papers the previous week. Problem.

Now if a girl wants to go on a mission (and risk returing horribly socially awkward and horribly disfigured from possibly but not limited to leprosy, elephantiasis, Cutaneous Leishmaniasis, Phossy jaw, or Necrotizing Fasciitis) then go for it. Its a free country. I have no issue with the principle of girls going on missions.

What I can't abide is the way some girls handle everything. Take Opera for example, she made no mention of a mission. Now I don't expect her to start every conversation with a "I'm leaving on a mission" disclaimer, but we talked about future plans and aspirations quite a bit, and at no time did it come up. Not even a hint of it, if anything it seemed like the opposite was hinted at.

I think I know what's happening here. Girls, even with their mission papers submitted or mission call in hand, still hold out hope. They still have their line in the water, just in case some perfect guy will come and sweep them off their feet in the nick of time. Well I got news for you ladies, I am no sweeper. I don't sweep! Not because I lack the ability, but because I lack the disposition. Sweeping a girl off her feet implies the courtship will be fast and furious, and I don't like to be rushed when it comes to these things. I don't think its wise to be rushed.

So no, I will not play the relationship version of the game of chicken with Opera. I REFUSE! No matter how beautiful, smart, funny, and interesting she is.....yeah I'm pretty sure I refuse.


3 comments:

Sarah Kreitlein said...

Hey, just FYI I'm in love with your blog. Marry me? ... crap does that put me in the craziest category. ;)

Anonymous said...

I agree that you have a problem, but I think it has more to do with you seeming like a jerk.

Anonymous said...

@Anonymous 1: he's right. It sucks to go on a date with a girl that's going on a mission. It's a waste of time. Girls go on dates just for the social benefit of telling their girlfriends that they went on one, or they do it because a date makes them feel validated as a woman because some guy took his time and money to spend on her. Guys on the other hand go on dates because they want a girlfriend. Therefore a girl who is going on a mission is a waste of time to date. The only people who agree with her are other girls.