Sunday, November 3, 2013

Dating For The Sake Of Dating

Things have been crazy lately people. Between school, work and everything else I've been doing to make sure I'm rich and successful for the rest of my life, I have not had a lot of time for anything else.

One of the things that have fallen by the wayside is my dating life. Whenever I haven't been on a date for a week or two I start to get anxious. I feel like if I am not going on a date every week then I am not trying hard enough. I wonder why I feel like this. Like why in the world would a single guy at BYU feel like he needs to ask out a girl every week? Its not like I am told constantly that I need to date more and that its my fault if I am not married, and that I am pretty much sinning when I am not dating. No, that would be crazy.

Sooo yeah, I really do feel bad if I am not active on the dating scene. What inevitably happens is I go on a date for the sake of going on date, to assauge my guilt. The problem is, these dates are always horrible. I always ask girls I am not super interested in, and then I subconsiously resent the fact that I am being "forced" to go on the date and become even less interested in the girl. By the time the day of the date comes around, I am dreading the whole thing. No bueno. That not productive for me or the poor girl.

I refuse to do any more dating for the sake of dating! All those dating firesides be danged! Only dating for the sake of wanting to spend time with a girl I am interested in. Or maybe for the sake of the occasional hook-up. Just kidding. But really, a man has needs. But not this man. Most of the time. We'll see.

Confession: I think my current dating slump is partially due to Opera. It seems like I miss her more than I anticipated. Actually I am not even sure if I miss her. I just really liked talking to her, and all the girls I've talked to since she left have all been blahhh. Does that mean I miss her? Does this mean I'm hung up on a sister missionary of all people? Because I liked talking to her? Oh barf