Sunday, December 15, 2013

Dating Skills: Questions


A common piece of dating advice goes like this: When you are on a date, make sure you ask the other person a good amount of questions. No one likes a person that only talks about themselves, but everyone likes a person who is interested in them. If you are asking someone questions, you are expressing your interest in them. A good question will make your date feel good about themselves and you, not to mention keep the conversation flowing smoothly. Get it? Asking questions = Great Dater. It's that simple.
 
Personally I learned this lesson early on and have over the years developed a list of go-to first date questions that are guaranteed to make sparks fly and flies spark. Some of my best questions:
 

  • "Why is blue?"

  • "How many children do you want and when do you want them? Like do you want to wait, or are you ready to start having them right away? cuz I really want to start a family right away you know?"

  • "Is it just me or was that girl who just walked by smoking hot?"

  • "Would you rather eat a dead baby, or hit a live one?"

  • "Are STDs a dealbreaker for you? I mean if they are already mostly treated and are barely noticeable? Just hypothetically speaking of course hahah...haha"

Conversation gold right there. GOLD I TELL YOU!
 
Some people have not mastered the fine art of The Question. For example, this weekend I went to a show with this cute little thing. This girl (who admittedly is on the young side) is now known in my apartment as the Inquisitor. I have never been asked so many questions on a date. She was relentless. It was all the standard questions, but it was ALL the standard questions, in rapid fire. It made the conversation pretty painful. At the same time, I could tell she is a super shy girl that was just nervous (and who could blame her considering my status as a Hottie McHotterson). Of course that just made the whole thing cute (I'm not exactly sure why).
 
So it looks like I'm gonna have to give the Inquisitor another shot.
 
 
     
     

No comments: