Sunday, January 19, 2014

Tweeners

There are alot of tweeners in my current ward. Tweeners are girls that I'm just not sure about. Some days I think "Hey, I should ask her out" and other days I'm thinking "Nah, its not worth it". They just bounce back and forth between those two levels. I'll spend dozens of hours staring at a girls facebook profile picture, just trying to decide if she is worth the 3 hours that is a date. Its no good though, I still can't decide.




I try talking to them some more. But let's all be honest here, that's a lost cause. I always just end up back on Facebook (its more efficient that way). Maybe some of her older profile pics will swing it one way or the other?

No dice. So life drags on. To ask or not to ask. And then one day at church or in some facebook photo, out of no where (like really out from left-freaking-field) there is some dweeb holding hands with this tweener I have been agonizing over for months. I feel like Julius Ceaser on the Ides of March- stabbed in the back. How could she be so selfish? She couldn't wait until I had finished deciding if I was going to ask her on a first date before she started swapping hand sweat with this zoboomafoo? Its hurtful is what it is.

And that's when it hits you.



She's the one. She has to be. I can't stop thinking about her. How could I have been so blind? I know before she was all over me - baking me cookies, inviting me over for game nights, TOUCHING MY UPPER ARM - but I didn't know then. I know now!

It's enough to make someone want to pull one of these:




I need to win her back. I am so much better at life than that other guy. He's a math education major for crying out loud! Math education! Are you kidding me?


Some people might think that I just want what I can't have. Those people are idiots. This is love.


No comments: