Sunday, February 23, 2014

Valentine's Day Epiphany

So Valentine's day happened.

I was talking to my coworker earlier that week and he mentioned that he still needs to think of something good to do for his wife for Valentines day. I remarked that I am always glad when I'm single on Valentine's day, because it means no pressure or effort required from me. He thought that was funny, because the stereotype is to be sad if you are alone on Valentine's day.

At that moment, I realized that I now fundamentally look at relationships as a source of stress and work (which they are). I am hyper-aware of how hard they are. My first thoughts never are on the benefits or the support that comes from relationships.

Pretty sure that explains why I've been single for this last year. Probably not the most healthy mindset to have....

In other news, sometimes I'm scrolling through my Facebook newsfeed and I see a picture of a girl, and she is looking all hot and glamorous, and the pic has over 100 likes and 20 comments fawning all over her, and I think to myself (with a totally straight poker face): "I totally made out with her". Then without giving it another second of thought, I write in the comment section under the pic, "I totally made out with her". Then a few minutes later my comment is gone. Then a few seconds later I'm no longer Facebook friends with the girl.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Downie said...

Hahahahaha, I would have unfriended you too but that's really funny.