Sunday, October 26, 2014

Keeping My Skills Up

Week 12 of being dateless. I don't remember the last time I went this long between dates, maybe the mission? It has been a famine people!

Its not even that I'm afraid of never getting married.  With this face and this bod? Are kidding me? Forget about it.

No but really I am concerned about losing my game. My skills. My ability to smoothly and effectively make women fall madly and hopelessly in love with me. 

Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it. And I have not been using diddly squat in my new ward. So this Sunday I decided to talk to a girl. You know, just to make sure I still have it.

Well within minutes of taking my seat at church a cutish girl sits right next me. I've seen her a few times before, but had decided she wasn't quite cute enough to ask out. But since she was probably the cutest girl at church that day, she was perfectly cute enough for my test to make sure I could still hold a conversation with a girl. So at appropriate times I chatted her up being funny, profound, smart, easy-going, witty and also a great listener. Or at least that's what I was going for. I would like to also note that I was trying to be flirty per se. I didn't want to cross the line of "leading" her on. I just wanted her to develop a crush on me from 5 minutes of talking. Anyways after our 5 minutes were up, I was pretty sure she wanted me to ask for her number, but I didn't. 

Fast forward to tonight and she messages me on the facebook giving me her number and telling me to call her whenever I want. 


Tom-feldon

Turns out, I still have it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of white guys that have it so much easier with girls. If you're not white you never have girls choose to sit next to you...