Sunday, December 21, 2014

Feeding Frenzy

Something I have noticed being in this new ward of slim pickings, whenever there is a new/visiting girl that is attractive, guys just lose it. Like as soon as the last syllable of the closing prayer ends its just a horde of dudes bum rushing the poor girl. Total feeding frenzy.

Not unlike this one with monkeys and potatoes in Japan:

monkey animated GIF

I actually think its embarrassing. I am much too prideful to ever join such a display but sometimes I want to join just to hear what has to be wonderfully awkward conversations. Like how is a conversation not awkward when you are trying to talk to a girl and there is 5 other guys joining in and 5 more lurking nearby waiting for their chance.

It so blatant I just know the girls in the ward have to hate it.

So today a new guy sat near me in church and we started to chat. We had a good number of mutual friends from BYU and we both were from the same state and became fast friends. Also I'm not the best judge of these things, but it seemed to me that he was a very attractive looking dude (another thing we have in common).

I quickly thought that this would be my chance to see if the sisters in the ward were as dejected with their selection of men in the ward as the brothers apparently are with their selection of women.

I have to give the ladies credit, they didn't immediately surround the dude (although I wouldn't expect that from coy Mormon girls), but I did see a large number of girls giving my new friend the eyes in not so subtle ways.

1358


And as church progressed, more and more of them worked up the nerve to actually talk to him. To the point that I think it is safe to say that the girls in the ward were not especially different from the boys. Now the question is, with not a lot of dating going on and so many people just salivating at the idea of any new person, what is fundamentally wrong with this ward?



No comments: