Sunday, January 11, 2015

Snacks During Church


So I was sitting in sacrament meeting today, minding my own business, trying to listen to the speaker, when I get distracted by the dear brother right in front of me.

You when you get hungry during church and you pull out a little ziplock bag of cheerios or something, and you have this little adorable snack in the middle of church like you did when you were a toddler. Yeah this guy was doing something like that, but instead of cheerios, he was eating this scab off the back of his neck. Like for 30 minutes straight he was picking at his big ole scab and then eating. Over and over again, hand to neck to mouth, hand to neck to mouth. He wasn't even trying to be discreet about it. He was in the zone, just going to town on that thing. Meanwhile, I was looking around trying to get some affirmation from anybody else that I was not imagining things. Kinda like this little girl:

Cheezburger animated GIF


You know what though? Something interesting happened. I was sitting there and my tummy started rumbling and I realized that I hadn't had anything to eat all day. This guy is probably really hungry too. Not only that, but the talk I was listening to was actually about not judging others. So who I am to judge his choice of snacks?!? Especially when he appeared to be enjoying it so dang much.

File:Rainbow Chicken Dance Man.gif

As I watched him get close to eating the whole thing (I COULDN'T STOP WATCHING) and had just a little bit of scab to go, I had two thoughts. First, that I should start cheering him on to finish like the fat kid in the movie Matilda that had to eat the chocolate cake. Second, that if I wanted a taste of what he was having, my chance was quickly slipping away

Needless to say, a very special people inhabit these singles wards and some people are single for a reason.

Also this gif has nothing to do with what happened, but I love it too much not to share:

1 comment:

Elizabeth Downie said...

I wish I wasn't eating lunch when I read this.